Wednesday, September 26, 2007

011 Emergency


The ambient buzz of pedestrians, vespas, and unrecognizable conversations you hear walking down the streets of Italy really gets you into the carefree European mood. However, the relaxation is interrupted every 5 or so minutes by what I like to refer to as the ambulance song. If I could put it into words it would be something like ‘AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHWEE-EW-WEE-EW-WEE-EW-WEE-EW’. This is my wake up call almost every morning between 7:30 and 8:00am. Just when it starts to fade and you think the numbing sound is over, it hugs a curve and continues to zig zag up the hill. I find it impossible not to sing along. I’ve decided that either Italy has an excessive amount of emergencies or their standard for what is considered an ‘emergency’ is considerably lower.

No comments: