Thursday, July 5, 2007

Summer Employment

In the spirit of keeping the blog alive, I have decided to add my own entry for the summer.... unfortunately I have no pictures to post (but you really are not missing out on anything since you wouldnt want to see this junk anyway). Yes, I finally got all my money back and got some gainful employment to boot. I work for a "firm" in central that is under the direction of a skeezy old man who builds plastic and vinyl houses. If you have worked here before (and many of you have) then you know what I am talking about. To many it seems a slap in the face of architecture, and I would be inclined to agree. But it is a paying job and it keeps me busy and somewhat out of trouble. I do miss Italy like it is nobody's business though. Just about every night (literally) I dream of Europe again, and every morning I am sad when I realize that the plane that took me home in my dream has in fact deposited me into my bed in the States. I have found solace in talking to my new "archies and larchies" that I gained in Europe though, and have also taken it upon myself to give meaningful tips to all students that I find that are going to Genoa in the next year. I honestly am VERY jealous of them seeing as how the trip was the best trip of my life, and probably always will be. However, I DO have something that they do not; the senior year coming up. This coming year should be the best yet..... and as we all know, we have to outdo ourselves with this one. Get ready Clemson, Genoa Spring 2007 is about to descend on you.... and we are going to BLOW IT OUT.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Virginia M Byers said...

Yay! The Blog lives. Janis I can't wait for Fall 2007 either and I'm a Techy. See you soon.
-poco va