Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Great Greek Food



At a little restaurant in Athens, Greece I found a little piece of heaven. The restaurant I speak of is called Savas, and it has been in Athens since 1925.... for good reason I might add. On our first night in this blissful city we had trouble finding something to eat; it was, after all, Easter's eve. After looking around the city for a good thirty minutes trying to locate some food, we ran upon Savas. Although I had no idea what this thing called souvlaki was, I decided to go out on a limb and try it. Great choice on my part: it was the best food I have ever put in my mouth. It came with fries, a pita, and a generous helping of tzatziki sauce, all of which were crucial to the exquisite meal. I also went out on another limb and tried the Mythos Hellenic Lager: also a great choice. I was on a roll. Although I had never known I was a fan of Greek food, I most certainly know it now. Great food and a wonderful beer? Sign me up.
Janis Fowler

No comments: